I hope your holidays were good! I know mine were :) It's always nice to have everyone get together for a good meal. The best part is a competitive game of Uno or whatever game we have on hand. I usually end up as the champion in these friendly game battles but this year I didn't do so well lol. I ended up visiting an abandoned zoo and saw a lot of wild birds and rusty cages. The whole place was pretty cool :)
Anyhoo, Christmas is over and the New Year approaches. If you follow me on tumblr or twitter then you may have already seen my new years resolution.
Here it is again if you missed it! :)
I'm swearing off guys for a few months.
I feel like if I put it in writing it will surely stick lol
One may be wondering why. Well…
1. Since my last relationship I haven’t reveled in my freedom as much as I’d like so I will give myself this time to fully absorb and relish my independence
2. I’m trying to work on a part of myself that’s been bothering me which is being less anti social. I’m the type of girl that’s quiet yet observant and will pipe up to make a snarky comment, funny joke at someone’s expense or elaborate on a story that revolves around me. These are selfish character traits that I need room to work on. Basically I’m gonna try NOT to be an antisocial know it all beatch lol
3. I’m not ready to be in a relationship. I’ve felt what most do after a break up; lonely, bored and self deprecating. I need time to feel happy being with just me before being with anyone else.
4. This is a busy time in my life with my Masters program, blogging, part time/freelance work, DJing/Jam Garden show and the other fun social aspects of my life
5. Yes I’ve been dating and talking to guys. Some very cute and funny but if I’m honest, I am talking to them to fill that (sad lonely no more bf) void and not because I’m actually interested in being in a relationship.
6. I’m going to try and be JUST FRIENDS with guys and be strong to keep it platonic and strictly friend zone to avoid drama and headaches